By Charles Henry Cooper
The Athenae Cantabrigienses was once the main formidable of numerous huge writing tasks undertaken through Charles Henry Cooper, a prepared historian, profitable attorney and city clerk of Cambridge within the mid-nineteenth century. He enlisted the aid of his elder son, Thompson Cooper, for this booklet, a set of conscientiously researched biographies of wonderful figures with Cambridge connections, encouraged through Anthony Wood's Athenae Oxonienses (1692). volumes have been released in the course of Cooper Senior's lifetime, yet basically 60 pages of the 3rd quantity (ending in 1611) seemed in print, and he died leaving a massive volume of notes. Even in its incomplete country, the paintings includes approximately seven thousand biographies; their matters comprise monks, army commanders, judges, artists, students and benefactors of the college. quantity 2, initially released in 1861, covers the interval 1586-1609.
Read or Download Athenae Cantabrigienses PDF
Best nonfiction_3 books
Expensive Mr. Henshaw,I want an individual may cease stealing the great things out of my lunchbag. i suppose I want loads of different issues, too. I want sometime Dad and Bandit may pull up in entrance within the rig . .. Dad might yell out of the cab, "Come on, Leigh. Hop in and i will provide you with a boost to college. "Leigh Botts has been writer Boyd Henshaw's number 1 fan ever when you consider that he used to be in moment grade.
- The Economist - April 9th
- Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 6
- Joe Pickett 02 Savage run
- His Every Kiss (Seduction Series, Book 2 - Avon Romantic Treasure)
Extra resources for Athenae Cantabrigienses
Hunk's MS. Roll of Coll. of Phys. Nichols's Prog. Eliz. ed. 1823, i. 117, 126, 213, 230, 232; ii. 78, 89, 262, 271. Hist, of Cirencester, 112. MS. Baker, xxiv. 157. MS. Lansd. 19. art. 83 ; 46. art. 38 ; 121. art. 19. Originalia, 7 Eliz. p. 2. r. 4 ; 13 Eliz. p. 2, r. 126; 19 Eliz. p. 4, r. 27; 23 Eliz. p. 1, r. 76. 22 ATRENAE CANTABRIGIENSES. of the famous doctor Mathewe Grribalde, professor of the law in the universitie of Padua: concerning the terrible judgement of God upon hym, that for fears of men denyeth Christ, and the knowen veritie: with a Preface of Doctor Calvine.
XHSHUJJS, zu. xiwuux&o minister of S. John's chapel, Hampstead. at Frankfort, 23, 99, 101, 103, 141, 174. Strype. Camb. 8vo. 1841. There are twenty-two Gough's General Index. Collins's Peerage, vii. : 1. made in Pauls on the day of Christ's Nativity. Ref. Talbot Papers, G. 134, H. 795. 2. made before the parliament at West- Hist. Murdin's State Papers, 255, 302. Thoresby's Vic. minster. 3. preached in York at the Leod. 147. Walton's Life of Hooker. Nicolas's celebration of the day of the queen's Life of Hatton, 314, 337.
355. Bentham's Ely, 244. Le Neve's Strype's educated in S. John's college, and occurs Fasti, i. 355; ii. 143; iii- 605, 681. ii. 614; iii. 342, 343, 438; App. p . 66, 187 as one of the scholars of that house in Annals, 199. Strype's Parker, 254, 496, 509. A. 1564-5, Whitgift, 131, 274. Par. Reg. of S. Benedict. MS. Lansd. 43. art. 42, 43 ; 57. art. 89. Rymer, and was elected a fellow of Corpus Christi xv. 742. A. 1568. He became president of that college, and was elected master thereof 22 Aug. 1573.