By Leonard W. King
Considered one of Leonard King's works from the early days of Assyriology in 1896. This paintings is "The Prayers of the Lifting of the Hand," and represents the cuneiform texts of a gaggle of Babylonian and Assyrian incantations and magical formulae edited with transliterations, translations, and entire vocabulary from capsules of the Kuyunjik collections preserved within the British Museum. Contents: Prayers addressed to: Deities; Gods; Goddesses; Astral Deities; Prayers opposed to the evils; Vocabulary.
I chanced on this model on the web and apparently to be a reasonably decently scanned replica from a library (Kansas urban it seems), as evidenced through the date stamps within the hide. whereas the ISBN references a extra smooth re-print, this seems to be a replica of the unique print.
Read Online or Download Babylonian Magic and Sorcery PDF
Best occult books
From the writer of the genuine heritage in the back of the Templars--the origins and tales at the back of end-of-the-world predictions all through heritage, from Revelations to 2012.
In wonderful and sharp prose, historian Sharan Newman explores theories of global destruction from precedent days as much as the current day- theories which exhibit as a lot approximately human nature as they do in regards to the foremost old, medical, and spiritual ideals of the time. Readers will locate solutions to the subsequent end-of-times questions:
* Did the Mayans relatively say the area will result in December 2012?
* How have the indicators within the New testomony ebook of Revelations been interpreted through the years?
* How did old Egyptians, Norse, and chinese language imagine the realm might finish?
* while did Nostradamus are expecting that the final days might come?
* Does the I Ching reference 2012?
* Why didn't the realm lead to Y2K?
* Are meteors, international warming, super-volcanoes, and the specter of nuclear conflict symptoms that the top is close to?
Dying hounds, form shifters, and vampires are one of the sufferers handled through the Holmes-like Dr. Taverner and his assistant Dr. Rhodes during this paintings of supernatural fiction via acclaimed spiritualist and occult author Dion Fortune. First released in 1926, the adventures of Dr. Taverner and Dr. Rhodes take readers around the marshy moonlit fields of dusk, searching spirits and conserving watch over souls.
- The ancient secret of the Flower of Life. Volume 2 : an edited transcript of the Flower of Life Workshop presented live to Mother Earth from 1985 to 1994
- The Book of Secrets: Esoteric Societies and Holy Orders, Luminaries and Seers, Symbols and Rituals, and the Key Concepts of Occult Sciences through the Ages and Around the World
- The Western Mysteries: An Encyclopedic Guide to the Sacred Languages & Magickal Systems of the World
- Enquête sur l'existence des anges rebelles
- Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
Additional info for Babylonian Magic and Sorcery
Daina 2 bilti-yb as-sa-faar 3 -ki 4 5 -man-ni-*na 6 -fea 8. [lib-bi-ki] g. 10. SAG tanaki(ki)-ma minutn(tu) an-ni~t& munu(nu) ir. Siptu 12. LU' 1 6. 1 8. 19. ina LKUR A 5 ina ilani$ l Uu Bil kul-lat ta-dan 1 ilani$ l 2 A ri-$a~a-ka afai-ka ti-ni-H~i-ti* i-ka-a i-ku-ti^ $i'i-su-ru di-in ti-ni-li-i-tL rabu0 l fea-tuk~ka tani-fyat di-in la lur-bu-u* &ar-6a-[$u] ka-bal-$u bit ta-[$i]-la~a-ti $a-fca-a* id-din-ka-ma ti-rit im]-ma&~&a-m man~-[za-za] 20. RA wa-lu-u* pu-lufy-tu [lit]-bu-sii 15. sii-bu-u 17.
In transliterating a well prea fresh line with each line of and have endeavoured to retain as far as possible the and arrangement of the words as they stand original spacing on the tablet itself. As however in the case of broken tablets the text waste of such an arrangement would lead to a considerable run on tablets the transliteration of those space, I have let line a space of five dots if continuously, putting between each and ten dots to indicate a gap only one character is missing When the text of such a broken of two or more characters.
11181) appears to me the preferable [ reading, as For a it balances 1 ri-ti-ta-a in the similar use of the by ZIMMERN, BPS, 25. The title Rev. 1 1. 24, where word cf. Sm. second half of the 954, Obv. 1. 33, line. quoted p. 95. ilu it is $a Sunati* 1 occurs in IV applied to *-*j- JE[ fcjE^Lfj (pp. dt. p. 105) explains as R 66, No. 2, which ZIMMERN ^^4 meaning "dream-god". ^f~ yf of gods published in II 54 is possibly as to be regarded a synonym of Bil, as suggested by BRt)NNOW, in 1. na List, R list No.