By Carter Lindberg
3,000 years of rules in regards to the nature of affection in Western tradition are introduced jointly during this concise heritage. via mixing the works of many students and reading the numerous lives, works, and routine linked to love, Love: a quick heritage via Western Christianity strains the evolution and effect of this undying subject.
- Takes the reader on a lightning yet enlightening trip via 3,000 years of the belief of affection
- Examines the influential routine, humans, and paintings that experience assisted in shaping our suggestion of affection in Western tradition, written by means of a key determine in non secular background
- Tackles the old and non secular thought in Western society, and our efforts to use rules of affection to social issues
- Explores diversified sessions and examples – from the theological and philosophical texts of figures resembling Augustine, Luther, and Feuerbach to highbrow events like Romanticism and tragic old figures comparable to Abelard and Heloise
- Contributes necessary insights into one in all history’s so much inexhaustible and undying themes, spanning biblical perspectives of affection together with monasticism and pietism, romantic notions of affection, via to today’s liberal faith and idea of affection as self-fulfillment.