By Robert P. Kuehne, J. D. Sullivan
The Mac has totally embraced OpenGL all through its visible platforms. in truth, Apple's hugely effective, sleek OpenGL implementation makes Mac OS X one among modern day top structures for OpenGL improvement. OpenGL® Programming on Mac OS® X is the 1st entire source for each images programmer who desires to create, port, or optimize OpenGL functions for this high-volume platform.
Leading OpenGL specialists Robert Kuehne and J. D. Sullivan completely clarify the Mac's assorted OpenGL APIs, either previous and new. They light up an important OpenGL setup, configuration, and function concerns which are exact to the Mac platform. subsequent, they give useful, start-to-finish advice for integrating key Mac-native APIs with OpenGL, and leveraging the whole energy of the Mac platform on your portraits purposes.
- A thorough assessment of Mac and software program architectures and their functionality implications
- In-depth, professional information for getting access to OpenGL from all of the Mac's center APIs: CGL, AGL, and Cocoa
- Interoperating with different Mac APIs: incorporating video with QuickTime, appearing snapshot results with center photo, and processing CoreVideo data
- Analyzing Mac OpenGL program functionality, resolving bottlenecks, and leveraging optimizations purely to be had at the Mac
- Detecting, integrating, and utilizing OpenGL extensions
- An accompanying site (www.macopenglbook.com) comprises the book's instance code, plus extra OpenGL-related assets.
OpenGL® Programming on Mac OS® X should be invaluable to Mac programmers trying to leverage OpenGL's strength, OpenGL builders porting their purposes to the Mac platform, and cross-platform photographs builders who are looking to make the most of the Mac platform's uniquely intuitive variety and efficiency.