By Robert V. House, Jacques Descotes
This complete publication explores the function of cytokines in immunotoxicology and human well-being utilizing a number of complicated equipment, from uncomplicated examine to hugely utilized healing functions. It contains a uncomplicated research of cytokines and info the results of cytokines at the immune approach and in treating melanoma. The booklet serves as either a primer and a place to begin for a extra certain research of the position those organic regulators play.
Read Online or Download Cytokines in Human Health: Immunotoxicology, Pathology, and Therapeutic Applications (METHODS IN PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY) PDF
Best immunology books
From the studies of prior Volumes "Provides unrivalled price in either educational and monetary phrases and will be bought via tough pressed librarians as an important precedence to be jealously defended. " -JOURNAL OF clinical MICROBIOLOGY "Advances in Immunology needs to locate itself one of the so much energetic volumes within the libraries of our universities and associations.
Immunopharmacology makes a speciality of the mechanism of motion of pharmacologic brokers that control immune reaction and the physiologic, pathologic, and pharmacologic function of the goods of immune reaction. issues comprise cytokines and their receptors, immunosuppressive medications, monoclonal antibodies, mechanisms and immunotherapy of allergic ailment, scientific transplantation, obtained immune deficiency affliction, regulatory T cells, and gene treatment.
This dictionary spans the perform of pharmacology and of allied sciences insofar as they're relating to it, with specific emphasis at the improvement, law and use of human medication. it's provided to scholars in addition to to execs in pharmacology and allied sciences for reference and for shopping, and as a bedside e-book and vacationing spouse.
Cytokines are pleiotropic regulatory proteins serious about basically all organic procedures and linked to a large choice of ailments, together with inflammatory problems in addition to many sorts of melanoma and leukemia. wisdom in regards to the quantitative and qualitative nature of cytokine construction is necessary within the knowing of standard and pathological techniques.
- The Immunoglobulins: Structure and Function
- Current Laboratory Techniques in Rabies Diagnosis, Research and Prevention, Volume 2
- The Value of BCG and TNF in Autoimmunity
- The Molecular Immunology of Complex Carbohydrates —2
- Immunotherapy of Cancer (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- Mucosal Immunology of Acute Bacterial Pneumonia
Additional info for Cytokines in Human Health: Immunotoxicology, Pathology, and Therapeutic Applications (METHODS IN PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY)
2. Intracellular Cytokine Staining A major advantage of intracellular cytokine staining over the ELISPOT assay is the ability to analyze multiple parameters per cell (21). Such data can be very valuable to gain insight into immune response regulation and memory formation. This technique can also be used on whole blood without requiring separation of PBMCs; a protocol is as follows. Heparinized blood samples are stimulated with antigen plus CD28 and CD49d in the presence of secretion inhibitor Brefeldin A for 6 h at 37°C.
17. Posadas S, Leyva L, Torres M, et al. Subjects with allergic reactions to drug show in vivo polarized patterns of cytokine expression depending on the chronology of the clinical reaction. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000;106:769–776. 18. Gaspard I, Guinnepain MT, Laurent J, et al. IL-4 and IFN-γ mRNA Induction in peripheral lymphocytes specific for β-lactam antibiotics in immediate or delayed hypersensitivity reactions. J Clin immunol 2000;20:107–116. 19. Brugnolo F, Annunziato F, Sampognaro S, et al.
42. Kadowaki N, Ho S, Antonenko S, Malefyt RW, Kastelein RA, Bazan F, Liu YJ. Subsets of human dendritic cell precursors express different toll-like receptors and respond to different microbial antigens. J Exp Med 2001;194:863–869. 43. Parronchi P, De Carli M, Manetti R, et al. IL-4 and IFN (alpha and gamma) exert opposite regulatory effects on the development of cytolytic potential by Th1 or Th2 human T-cell clones. J Immunol 1992;149:2977–2983. 44. Schandene L, Del Prete GF, Cogan E, et al. Recombinant interferon-alpha selectively inhibits the production of interleukin-5 by human CD4+ T-cells.